Monday 28 October 2013

The Handmade Boutique - Birmingham

 
Having a page on Facebook, I follow various networking pages which leads to me finding lots of lovey pages of independent handmade makers...One I follow is Honeypips who makes the most yummy gifts and via here I stumbled upon The Handmade Boutique.
 
The Handmade Boutique is a gorgeous little store nestled away in Great Western Arcade in Birmingham. The shop is basically a co-operative run by the eighteen designers whose wares are sold within the shop.
 
Last Friday as a birthday treat Mama Button and I decided to go on a little road trip to check the store out and we weren't disappointed. We met two of the designers Sue of Smartipants and Jan of Vintage Lovelies Décor who were taking their turn to man the shop...You see not only do the designers run the shop they take turns to work in the shop, so you are actually meeting the people who design, make and sell the items...When was the last time you met the designer or maker of what you bought in M&S or Next...??? Exactly!!!
 

As fellow crafters Mama Button and I got nattering to Sue and Jan and spent a lovely afternoon in the shop...I could quite easily have crossed a few names off my Christmas shopping list, it is a one stop shop...cards and presents to suit every purse and if you need a new purse they can help you out in that department as well!!!
 
I spent a pretty penny or two, well it was my birthday!!! I treated myself to a gorgeous new ring made by Jess of Perlina Jewellery Designs and of course I had to buy a little something from Honeypips!!!


We had a totally brilliant time at the shop, not wanting to leave...the shop was never empty, there was always a customer...some even returning whilst we were in there, which is ALWAYS a good sign.
 
If you get the opportunity to visit the shop...DO!!! Like us you won't be disappointed


No comments:

Post a Comment