Tuesday 22 October 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things...Gift Shops.


Well what can I tell you...for as long as I care to remember I've loved cards. I don't just mean birthday and Christmas cards I mean thank you, I'm sorry and even cards "left blank for your own message" cards!!!

My obsession with gift shops started when I was about nine or ten, when I would go into shops in Camden and Crouch End and buy with my hard earned pocket money, pencil and rubbers that smelt of "grapes", mind you, they weren't like any grapes I'd ever smelt before...and my favourite, my swiss roll rubber, it smelt good enough to eat!

Once the pencil and rubber phase wore off I progressed to stationary. I would by cards and notebooks by Paper Moon and like the rubbers and pencils, I refused to use them...I would just covert them in my bedroom...in fact I do believe that I still have some of the pencils and a notebook lurking around in a draw somewhere!!!

Now I'm all grown up, I still get all giddy with excitment at seeing a "good gift shop", like these two...In fact I would even go as far as saying that they are like mini department stores as there's very little you can't buy from them.

I have added a few snaps of their loveliness, after all a picture speaks a thousand words ;) If you're in the areas, drop in, have a mooch and let me know if you agree.

My first favourite is Etcetera, in The Howard Centre in Welwyn Garden City




 My second favourite is The Present on Barnet High Street







No comments:

Post a Comment